PHUKET COMPANY REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Company Registration Fact Sheet
. It normally takes between 1-3 weeks to set up a company.
. Foreigners and Thai citizens can be directors.
. Minimum no. of shareholders is 3 persons over 20 years of age.
. Minimum 51% Thai. Maximum 49% of foreign held shares (except if allowed by
special foreign treaty, Alien Business Act of approval of Board of Investment).
. If a foreign shareholder holds more than 40% or a foreign director is registered
in the company the Thai shareholders must show evidence of funds
and how such funds have been obtained e.g.
1. Certified Employer's letter of monthly salary
2. Bank book and last 6 months statements
3. Sale of personal assets and agreement or money transfer
4. Loan and copy of loan agreement and money transfer
. Post set up a shareholder can be a foreign company or your child.
Documentation and information required:
1. Thai partners:
a. 5 signed copies of house registration and ID card
b. Evidence of funds and how such funds have been obtained e.g.
i. Certified Employer's letter
ii. Bank book and last 6 months statements
iii. Sale of personal assets and agreement or money transfer
iv. Loan and copy of loan agreement and money transfer
2 Foreigner shareholders:
a. 2 signed copies of passport
b. Full address
a. 2 signed copies of house registration and ID card or
b. 2 signed copies of passport
4. Partnership address - office/place of work. Different Thailand branches
5. Name of partnership - 3 alternative names can be submitted. All names must
either be in the format of:
a. XXX Co.,Ltd or
b. XXX Phuket Co.,Ltd
6. Evidence of partnership address: A signed approval letter from the house owner,
a signed copy of their ID card and signed copy of the landowner's
Schematic Of Thai Company Structure